Transportation & Community Planner
The Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments (AVCOG) is seeking a Community & Transportation Planner. This position is located in Auburn and will provide a range of planning services for the Transportation Division related to short-range and long-range transportation planning across all surface transportation modes.
Responsibilities include: administration and implementation of AVCOG’s regional transportation planning contract; providing technical assistance to member municipalities; developing transportation sections of municipal comprehensive plans; creating GIS maps; assisting with long-range transportation planning; and acting as liaison between local, state, and federal transportation agencies. This position will will also assist the land use planning staff with requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, urban or regional planning; public administration; or related field;
- MS Office and ESRI ArcGIS experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently;
- Ability to manage one's own time and work in a team environment;
- Ability to participate, and lead, meetings – both virtual and in-person;
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable motor vehicle.
Additional desirable skills/qualifications:
- Familiarity or past experience in municipal land use planning;
AVCOG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical insurance, health savings account with company contribution, health reimbursement account with deductible reimbursement; dental and vision insurance; life and voluntary disability insurance; medical and dependent care flexible spending; member of Maine Public Employees Retirement System; paid time off including vacation and sick time, 13 paid holidays; flexible schedule with 37 ½ hour workweek.
Applicants should submit their resume, minimum salary requirements and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments, 125 Manley Road, Auburn, ME 04210 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer